I take my portable forge, some coal, some hammers and off I go to various events in Herts, Beds, Bucks & north London.
I talk to people loads about forging and blacksmithing, it’s a really good spectacle with sparks, fire, heat and hammering.
Is your organisation, festival or event looking for a blacksmith demonstration in Herts? Visitors respond well, and I answer questions and give plenty of information about the blacksmith process and forging – including the popular Forged in Fire – which regularly features in my Blacksmith Forging Experiences.
The blacksmithing demonstrations that I’ve done have proved to be very popular, there’s always plenty of people who watch the forging in process. I normally make small items, such as nails, knives or fire pokers, they can be made quite quickly.
I’ve done blacksmith demonstrations for the:
- Rickmansworth Canal Festival, in Hertfordshire
- Woodland Trust at Tring Park, Tring, Herts
- Woodland Trust at Heartwood (the new forest to the north west of St Albans), Herts
- Chorleywood Village Festival, Herts
- National Trust at the Wimpole Estate, near Royston in Cambridgeshire
- Wayside Farm in Kings Langley for Open Farms Sunday